A Quick Sales Update

So despite the issues I mentioned before that I felt we would run into with selling, so far I feel like what little bit we can do is certainly well worth it.  I really had the idea, as I am sure many others do as well, that the items we had to sell would not make enough to be worth actually parting with the products.  Boy, was I ever wrong.

After making a wonderful $200 on selling basic video games, we have shifted into movies and books.  Again, we are certainly not a family who has any amazing collector's items or rare finds, nor do we have the stash of all stashes when it comes to anything, so what we sell is pretty minimal compared to what many others I know could pull off, but it is making a HUGE dent in our first credit card to really begin our snowball.

On Amazon, we have managed to make $41 with minimal effort.  It may not sound like a lot, but when put into the reality of interest and credit card evils, that $41 saves us two months of payments on a credit card and actually equals $58 in the long run.  Definitely worth parting with a few books and movies, and we still have more to go!

On a slightly different selling side, my husband began a hobby a while back of buying Transformers figures and, through knowledge of the collector's side, resells them for a profit.  It takes a little more work than just selling goods laying around the house, but he enjoys it and any hobby that makes money is definitely one to keep working at.  So we have decided to use his profits toward debt and I am so proud of how well he is doing.  As of today, we have about $600 to put toward the credit card!  That's what I call a good hobby!

All in all, selling is beginning to play a much larger role in this journey than I anticipated and it becomes like a drug.  I want to sell more!  So next week, my husband has some more video games going on eBay and I have some clothes and shoes to bring to consignment.  Here's hoping things continue in this positive way.

If you are in debt and are not looking into selling things, start now!  You are probably sitting on a goldmine and don't even know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment