More Debt...For Now

In the past two weeks, life took a chaotic turn but in a positive way. Currently, we have our house for sale with no intentions of buying another house when this place sells. But we still need to live somewhere and, due to the cost of living in our area, an apartment would be almost twice as much as our current mortgage, robbing us of all the extra cash we have been throwing at our debt.

Any decision that leads us away from paying down debt is the wrong decision.

So we opted for a radical concept of living that I won't get into just yet, but it required an initial investment leaving us with a little more debt (though dramatically less than if we chose another mortgage). I know it seems backwards to accumulate debt in order to get out of debt, but the math did not lie. Our initial investment, upon selling our house, will save us quite a bit each month leaving us with even more money to throw at our debt in the long run.

Sometimes saving money is all about playing the games. I hate the games. The games are what confused me for years keeping me in the same awful loop because I was so bad at playing them. But over the past year, I have become much more educated in the realm of debt, loans, interest and game-playing, leaving me very confident in the road we have decided to take.

Our debt pay downs are still 100% on track and will only improve in the months to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment