Major Road Block

Sometimes crappy things just happen.  People get laid off.  Important things break unexpectedly.  Medical issues arise.  It happens.  It's frustrating, frightening and sometimes overwhelming, but it happens. 

And it's not the end of the world.

Recently, I lost a major income source.  It was like being laid off.  Yahoo Contributor Network (YCN) announced that they are shutting down at the end of this month.  For my debt-paying momentum, this is a huge road block.  Content writing was the bulk of my income not to mention the residual income it produced made me feel like I was really getting somewhere.  Now I must remove all my content and find a new avenue.

It's incredibly frustrating.  There really aren't any other content sites out there with the freedoms and the payments that YCN offered.  Now I need to spend time that could have been used making money on finding a new way of making money.  It's like a freelancer's version of getting laid off and looking for another job, sans the unemployment checks.

I still have some income sources as any freelancer should not put all their eggs in one basket, but YCN was my biggest basket.  I am hoping that something just as flexible arises.  I am blessed that this setback isn't horrifically life changing.  But I'm still frustrated. 

So for now, I'm rethinking my goals, both long term and short term, and am setting out looking for another avenue of income that feels worth my time. 

Becoming debt-free is not always easy but I have to remember that even slow progress is progress.  We're still getting there, despite this huge setback.

No comments:

Post a Comment